Monday, March 19, 2007

Mummy...

I read LB's post today and I just couldn't help crying my eyes out. I know I'm usually teary when I read some of her posts but this time I just couldn't help breaking down. I'm at work but the tears flowed very freely. I just couldn't hold back.

I miss my mummy.... I read Bukky's post sometimes because it just make me remember mine. How I tried taking care of her while she was ill. I think seeing Bukky's mum's feet and her talking about how she gave her a polish change and sometimes a pedicure, just really broke me cos those were some of the last things I did for my mum before she passed. I did a french pedicure for her and she still has those nail polish on her toe nails right to the grave.

There's nothing, absolutely nothing like having a mum who really cares about you. Who not only cares about you but cares about EVERY individual that came into her life. Bukky I feel you a lot when you talked about your mum just loving everyone... that was my mum. She cared for people so much most times I just didn't understand it.

I remember while she was in the hospital just before she passed on, in all her pain and discomfort, she was still talking about someone she needed to give some money to because she was really feeling her. My mum had asked her what she wanted to do and the person said she wasnted to start some business. She started talking about how she wants to go home quickly so she can get some money for the person to start her business. I was almost upset at her but I just looked at my mum in amazement.
I mean you don't want to imagine how much we were paying for my mum's hospital bill and treatment, you don't even want to think about it and yet in all that she was still thinking of helping someone else who had not even once visited her in the hospital all through her stay there.

I remember at the church during the funeral some of her friends came to eulogise and one of them said...
" Tee is so loving, caring and she's so giving... She'll go whatever extra mile she can to help you, to give to you. If she meets you and you're in need of one of her eyes she'll give it to you, If she met another person who really needed an eye, I know Tee can give out the very last one she has. That's how compassionate tee was, how giving she was. She never wanted to see anyone suffer or in need, she would do whatever is within her power to help out... That's just Who she is"

I can never ever forget my mum, not just because she's my mum, but also because of the way she's impacted my life.

My mum was there for us. I mean she was THERE!!!

I remember growing up my mum would always tell us... "If there's ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING you ever want, no matter how big or small, make sure you tell me. Don't ever go looking for anything from an outsider, always come to me. If I can't get it for you immediately, you know I'll do my best to get it for you eventually. Don't ever go begging for something outside okay??" and she always got us things we wanted. I remeber when loafers just became the fashion in town... ah! my mum watches out for those kind of things o! She took me out one day and said lets go and get your own loafers too and that's all we went shopping for that day... a pair of loafers for moi :-). She liked it when we dressed up well. She wasn't overly vain but if something nice was in season, we sure would be wearing it too lol... that's my mum for you.

She took such great care of us and there's no denying that fact. She made sure we were content.

There was no working day growing up as kids we were not guaranteed Mr Biggs when my mum got back from work. She always stopped to buy snackes for us when returning home from work.

My mum was that kind of mum everyone in your school just knew. She was the one hugging and kissing all your friends and even on lookers who didn't get visited on visiting day, just to make them feel wanted and loved, she jus had a great spirit.

She was the mum everyone referred to as Mummy. People confided in my mum much more than they did their's, it was amazing.
One thing with her though was as sweat as she was, she didn't take nonsense. She'll tell you when you do something wrong, she'll tell you when she thinks you're over stepping your boundaries, she never keeps a grudge so once she tells you off that's the end of it. She also can't fight so if she knows you're reacting to something she said or did, she'll be quick to come joke about it, not necessarily tell you sorry especially if she knows what she's telling you is true, she'll just be like... "huh! abi you're getting upset cos of what I said?? Ooto oro o ni kon ma sohun(Meaning the truth will always be told)" and then she'll give you a really warm hug and start gisting with you again.

My mum is also very perceptive. She catches everything, notices everything. She can also tell you about someone just spending a few minutes with them. Sometimes I ask my mum what she thinks about a particular guy that comes to my house and she'll tell you. I hate most times when she's right about a guy. Also sometimes she'll just come and say..."I don't like that your friend" and I'm looking at her funny now like... gosh! she's come again but most times she's right. Most times though she'll just tell you to be careful and watchful.

My mum loves gist... ah! she wants to know who's dating who and she'll come lie on the bed with me and my sisters or even me and my friends in the room when they spend the night and just gist away like a young girl.

I miss my mum o! So many things I'd have loved to share with her, some I know she'll yab me about, but I know even in that she'll still talk to me truthfully and out of love.

I miss my mum... she'd have called me tire... by now asking me when I'm going to be married.. telling me "ehn! Moment oo mafi oko se boyfriend ( meaning Moment better don't go pass off your husband as a boyfriend).

She's so warm so kind, so gentle, so determined. She's also very hard working... my mum works but she can also very business minded, she can sell you if you let her lol....

I said I wasn't going to blog about my mummy, not now at least but I was provoked to share a little bit of my mum today. I just can't help loving her in her absence right now.

I've never faced the fact that my mum isn't coming back. To me it's just like she's on some vacation and will be back someday so I never refer to her as "dead", I just always say she "passed". I guess the word "dead" just puts a finality or maybe its a reality to the fact that she's never going to come back. That, I'm not sure I'm ready to accept. I know she's alive with the Lord and most times I can almost imgaine that I see her looking at us. I dream about her sometimes and I'm the happiest girl on earth in the morning of those days.

I love my mum so much, I can't even imagine her not being at my wedding.... Gosh!!! I just can't men... I honestly can't.

I think about my hubby's mum sometimes, not that I know the hubby or his mum sef lol.... but I just always pray that God will bring someone who will be a mum to me and not a mother-in-law. I want someone who wont constantly remind me of the fact that my mum isn't there. I pray about it all the time cos it's so important to me. I know the extent my mum goes for other people and what she does for them. Even people that don't like her o! Can you imagine people not liking my mum??? You can guess why though.... it's just plain jealousy but she loves them and gives to them still. A lot of people I think always thought my mum was some mega millionaire cos of the way she gives and carries herself, she likes to dress up and look good and young too.
Hm... you should see my mum in Jeans or shorts, hm... she's a real mama o ni gba! she's got cool legs and she knows it lol........ so she likes to show off when she can.

She's just a lovely women, Great spirit, great heart, great personality. Ever friendly, always smiling, always kind and she can be strict too... ah!! my mum can be strict!

Anyway, not that I've told half of who my mum is but I think I've told enough for today. You can imagine if I actually planned to write about my mum, I can't imagine how long that'll be.

Long and short of it all is that I MISS MY MUM Terribly!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

moments you're making me want to cry...

i really dont know what to say to make you feel better but i am so happy you have all these memories of your mum to hold onto.

i also pray that your mother-in-law, whoever she is, takes you as her own daughter. completely so.

chin up babes. xx

temmy tayo said...

considering that i have been crying every minute lately, this just made me howl.

I feel you dearie.I really do.

olat said...

Moments, this is very touching, I pray the desires of your heart will be met as per your mother in law.

Moments said...

@Chameleon, @Temmy tayo, @ Olat.... Thank you guys, I appreciate your kind words.

Thanks you!

BiMbyLaDs** said...

AWWW moments.. why noow? why make me cry like this... sweetheart.. im hugging you now. and Im encouraging you that God love you trully and deeply and mummy is doing great, and loving you too. Your mother in law will be your best friend, your mummy, and your sister.. in Jesus name..

take care girl.. and stay blessed and strong ok!

LondonBuki said...

Moments, what will I say that will make you feel better - I don't know.

What I will say to you is that your words have meant a lot to me, a lot!

I did not know your Mummy had passed, I knew she had been ill cos you mentioned that once on my Mummy Monday but I thought she recovered.

God will answer your prayers about your mother-in-law. I also pray for female mentors in your life who will be a source of comfort, advice, love and whatever you need.

I thank the Almighty God that your mother made a huge impact in your life and I know people can see your Mother in you.

Moments, here's a HUG, Buki style o!

I want your email address, please.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. i just cant stop shedding tears... God will bless u and grant u ur heart desires..p lease cna i have ur email addy.. u're a blessed daughter, ma worry, its a good thing mum is up there looking at u, u know what.. she'll get u the best man u so desire and yes, a MOTHER in law that will just love u irrespective of anyhing... love u gal.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

This post has even made me appreciate my mum more. Moments, ur mother-in-law will be just like a mom to u- Amen. I'm speechless, but the Lord will wrap his loving arms around u esp. those times when u begin to miss ur mum terribly. God bless you.

Waffarian said...

Hi moments, please don't be sad, remember all the wonderful times you shared together, remember everything, you will always miss her, she was your mum, but I am sure she will want you to remember with a smile, not tears. Take care, I am here if you need to talk, I lost my dad recently too. Take care.Thinking of you!

Mrs Somebody said...

Moments it is well with you.Remember that she is at peace where she is.Keep doing things that you know would always make her proud.May her sweet and gentle soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

Hope said...

Ahhh! Moments, this post made me cry and i can't imagine what it is like to not have ur mom around... Ehug girl... I am going to call my mom and tell her i love her... readin yours and lb's posts make me reevaluate my mom and make me wanna show appreciation to her! Thank you for inspiring me !
You know about ur future mil, don't you worry, God has her planned for you and when you meet her, she will be just what you wanted in a mil, I pray for the best for you!

BiMbyLaDs** said...

UPDATE NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW.. with somin to make me smile.. are u ok? now im fussing over u.. lol..

Vera Ezimora said...

Moments, I'm so sorry. I know your mom is in a better place.

Moments said...

Hello, my darlings....

Thanks so much for all your comments, your encouraging words and for "fussing over me" the way you all did. I'm honestly humbled and touched to have people who actually care and look out for you. I appreciate you guys a whole lot.

@LB, yes, I did feel the hug :-).I'll get my email across to you.
@anonymous, you also asked for my email, how do I get that across to you now??
@bimbylads, u r so.... sweet... don't worry, I'm coming up with this episodes that'll keep you glued to my blog lolol......

I love you guys and I'm lucky to have you as blogfriends !

zaiprincesa said...

aww, this is so touching. Moments, im sure she's looking down on you with a smile on her face..and im sure she's in a better place. Mama Moments, ee sun re oh!. May her soul rest in peace.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Awww girl, lovely post!!! It is well my sister, God is good! By God's grace your mother-in-law would be lovely,even better than you imagined...