Wednesday, February 21, 2007

See me see wahala o!!

Hm.... I don't even understand where to start this story o! I had said I wasn't even going to blog today but this matter is really vexing me this morning and I need to vent someplace.

Can you imagine this "Xman"??? Xman is an ex obviously from his name. I'm not sure why in recent times he can't seem to get the fact that he’s an ex into his thick skull. You can’t eat your cake and have it now????

Xman and I dated for quite sometime and we were really close, extremely close for that matter ( I have to blog about that relationship one of these days so you get the full gist).

But meanwhile Xman has been taking some prof. exams and been really worried he might fail his last paper and as a good friend now, I try encouraging him every now and then.

Anyway, that's how a certain someone called me this morning that results were out and asked about Xman's surname, I told her and next thing she said he passed. Excited me sent a text to Xman asking if he's checked his result and that he should check and give me the good news. Only for me to get a text at work that he saw it on Monday and passed, that I, Moment should call him. Abeg, call him that what exactly??? that while he was always worried and disturbing my sleep wanting to talk and have someone encourage him, it was okay for him to call me and when the result came out I had to ask only to find out I was even 2days late, or what exactly am I supposed to call about?? this one na real pekelepekele.... I didn't waste time communicating my thoughts in a return text to him and his response??? Hmm... you don’t want to read it o! …… “well whatever you want to think is really up to you”. Can you beat that my people??? He continues with….. “you didn’t remember what you said the last time I called you and how you were being so sarcastic “ ….blah blah blah.... At least now I think I know where the real problem is.

This is the real story now...

See, one Saturday Xman came to my house and we were gisting along with another friend staying at my place at the time, he then asked when he was leaving if he could come pick us up for church the following day and I said okay. Next morning my friend decided she was too tired to go and so Xman and I went to church o! Service was unusually long that day and my friend text me that she had to leave for her own house and she'll call me. That's how I decided to follow Xman to go buy some gifts for his friend's baby and do some shopping myself. On our way home he decided to drop his own stuff first, change, pick a few things cos he'll be heading to his friends house after dropping me off. He also emphasized the fact that mo ti bu iyepe ile e dani( meaning I had decided not to visit him again). The truth is, I just decided long ago I wont visit him at home jare. I just don't want any unnecessary wahala se you get.

To cut the long story short, since I wasn't in a hurry to get home, I followed him. Did I have much of a choice?? Not really I was in his car. We got in, he was being really nice and offered to make me lunch and yours truly was almost fainting with hunger really. So I made myself comfortable and waited for lunch to be ready. It was a delicious meal of rice and dodo :-)).
After the meal (the food never even reach down sef) we were just gisting and watching TV while he was sha going in and out getting himself ready I guess. He then came sitting beside me and talking and watching TV only for him to reach for my waist o! Ye!!! You shoulda seen the look on my face, he started laughing and asking why I was looking like that, I simply told him I didn't understand what the holding of the waist was for. Is that some thank you for coming to my house or thanks for enjoying the meal, or is that supposed to be what I pay for having lunch at his place??? anyways, I asked him to get himself together and just leave me alone.... my peeps na lie o! He no gree o!! I stood up he stood with me still holding me, now I was really thinking in my mind this guy's finally gone CRAZY!!! And then the drama began, I'm telling you real struggle o!! Ofcouse he's taller and stronger than me now so it became real fight.

He kept saying why now Moments, why can't I hold you, why can't you just kiss me for once... Egbami ooo!!! (Someone save me please) that was what was ringing in my head, but what came out of my mouth was "WHY??? Xman, why should I let you hold, touch or kiss me?? Why?? You don't remember you have a girlfriend again?? you told me yourself about her and how you want to marry this year so what's this all about?? we're supposed to be friends so why are you trying to ruin that now??" The bobo no gree me o!! hm... he was telling me that sebi he's the one that told me he had gf and if he says he doesn't have again nko?? what kind of line is that in 2007?? all this talk was in between serous struggling oh! I mean I was hurting, my skin was going red and purple at the same time. I just kept thinking "When did Xman become so vicious?? I never knew him like this..." anyway, he kept trying to reach me to kiss me but I wouldn't let him, you see how tough a fight like that must have been?? He couldn't believe it. Eventually sha, he did let me go, but he kept saying "so Moments you wont give me even one kiss??" I just looked at him, (this was a bad look now) asked him in what account I'm supposed to write that in and straightened myself and walked right out into the cold to wait outside.... don't worry I wasn't crazy enough to start walking away in that cold. He came outside, opened the car and I stepped in and he drove me home. Didn’t even bother trying to invite himself in anyway.

Please what conversation are we supposed to be having after that incident?? What crazy conversation is there to have?? I just kept to myself and he did try calling a few times but I just felt there was really nothing to say. Oro don talk himself abi??(meaning his actions already spoke for him). The funny thing is I don't get angry for long, I already forgave him and I had moved on from there. I was just more than a little surprised that he'll keep me struggling with him for that long, long enough to make my skin hurt me really badly and it was turning red and not until I made him see that did he leave me alone can you imagine that?? and ooops!! I forgot to mention that he then started saying is it cos of my boyfriend that I wasn't going to let him kiss me, "Isn't that a good enough reason not to kiss you" I shot back at him.

He then calls me last week; I was really ill last week o! and started asking why I haven't been in touch, why I didn't even think I should give him a call to say hi, why I didn't pick his call, why I wont even say hi when I'm online on im, all the why this & why that. What was I supposed to say?? I was ill, he was irritating me with all his ranting and I think I must have really said something nasty to him, can't even remember what I said o! can you imagine, maybe cos that night I was trying to get some sleep and someone was just ranting in my ears
.

Forgetting all that even happened o! I carried myself to go and be asking for exam result, na me carry myself go receive insult on top of injury now... I blame Xman?? No I don't, I blame myself...

So in short the root of all this evil now is because I didn’t allow Xman hold or kiss me. I’m mega glad I didn’t anyways. What’s all that for?? Don’t get me wrong o! I don’t hate or despise him, he’s a really nice person, but it’s over mate…. It’s been over now for about 3yrs so abeg really in what account am I supposed to be writing kissing ex in?? I’m not an all perfect somebody o! I mean I can kiss him and we’ll just pretend it never happened or I just do it for the simple sake of feeding the flesh, but I wont and that’s just my decision which I think should be respected. I mean you have a gf for heaven’s sake and where does that leave me?? Forgetting all that good girl matter sef, abeg, I don’t want to girl from nowhere kissing and cuddling my baby when I’m not there o!!

Wo! He’s in trouble; I know he’ll still call me back before the day runs out. Se trouble lie down monkey go wake am.

I’ll keep you posted on whatever happens after this. Well and if nothing happens?? I’ll still keep you posted. At least I feel better now.

12 comments:

LondonBuki said...

BUKI IS FIRST!!!!

LondonBuki said...

This is the problem with staying friends with an Ex... any small thing one person does, the other might think it's something 'romantic' or 'sexual'.

That aside, I can't believe he was struggling like that with you!!! WTH??? That's crazy!!!

Moments said...

Lonodn buku: yeah you're first... what will I give you now ooo??? don't worry I'll send something to you :-)

I see you've been looking for where to claim first position all morning... well, you got your chance with me hehehe....

Moments said...

London Buki: My dear, even I was flaberwhelmed at that struggle o! honestly if i didn't know him, I'd have thought he just might make an attempt with rape o! but he's not that kind of person. Lets just say some screw must have loosened in his medulla. Hehehe....

olat said...

Don't they have 911 in your part of the world? You should have threatened him with attempted rape or assault charges that would have straightened him out fast. That's why been too friendly with an ex not always a good idea, u can talk on phone once in awhile or run into each other at parties say hello and all but visiting and taking rides from each other is a no no, there is a good reason for them been an ex.

Moments said...

@Olat: I kuku try not to be too friendly o! that's why I don't go to his house and I haven't taken a ride since forever. That day I just thought... no harm, but now I don see say plenty harm fit dey. I guess we learn more everyday and on this one, I have learnt.

zaiprincesa said...

lol...ok, i know the struggle wasnt funny...but the fact that the ex was attemptin to do "gidigbo" with you..all for a kiss??..thats hillarious!.. And really, sometimes, u need to cut some ex's off, friendship no be by force oh!...Kewl blog....

Azuka said...

Hmmm. That was really some struggle -- and all just for a kiss.

Confused Naija Girl said...

I agree, its a mistake to be friendly with an ex. It only leads to complications and Azuka said...just for one kiss.

Moments said...

@azuka: hm... how can you say for just one kiss??? alot hapens and begins with just one kiss o!! hm... better not to start wahala than to let it start and then you can't handle what comes next.

@confusednaijagirl: My dear, I know o! Its just that we've been really cool friends but I guess with an ex, one can never be too careful

Thanks guys anyway. I'm doing my best to keep off now.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

LAKULI JALAILA WAKASHEGEBANZA!!!! My head is getting so hot now. Why would he even attempt that kain thing? As in, the 2 of u were now struggling. He has a gf and he's still playing around like that? Maybe it's even a lie sef. Anyways, abeg moments let him know both of u are just friends, plain and simple and pls, don't stay in a secluded place with him o, pesin like dat fit rape someone nau, abi wetin u think?

Have a blessed weekend

soul said...

I wish to God Naija girls would take things like this more than seriously.
Your friend assaulted you. Period. the minute you left the house you should have called the police and let them see your bruises.

This man will rape someone or has raped someone.

If I were in this situation, everything will stop now, the texts, the calls whatever. I would let him know one final time that what he did was completely out of order and regarded as assault and attempted rape. I would also let him know that if he so much as bugs you again, everyone will know about it.

Forgiving him inside yourself, does nothing for the next girl along the line who he does this to, and he WILL do it to someone else who might not be as lucky as you to escape.

this is probably the way he has gotten people who say No to him, to say Yes, in the past